Buying a home is a big purchase, one of the biggest you will ever make. Why in the world would anyone want to make that purchase without the help of a professional real estate agent? Beats us, but many try. The most important thing to remember is that when you are buying a home, you DO NOT PAY YOUR AGENT! The seller of the home pays the entire commission and that commission is split between the agent selling the home and the agent representing the buyer. There is no reason to not have your own agent representing you and working hard on your behalf.
We have talked to many buyers who have said something like "When we bought, we just used the agent who had the house listed." If you are thinking about doing this, USE EXTREME CAUTION!!! This should only be done if you have complete trust in the agent. If you just met them, this is a terrible idea! This situation is called Dual Agency and it happens when one agent represents both parties. That agent is trying to get the most money for the seller and also get you the best price. How can they do this? It is tricky and again, should only be done if you have total faith in that agent.
The way to avoid this is to hire us! Remember, we can show you ALL homes, not just the ones that we list.
So when you are our buyer what do you get? Here is a summary of what our buyers get when they work with us:
- Total loyalty. Our goal is to help you find the perfect home. In us, you will find an ally. We won't let you down.
- Recommendations to the best lenders around. The right lender is critical to a successful transaction and we know some great ones. Just ask!
- Free access to our moving truck. We like helping you out!
- 24/7 availability. Real Estate is not a 9 to 5 job. Feel free to text us whenever you have a question. We are happy to help.
- Need to find someone in another field? We have a long list of people we know that can likely help you in many different areas. Lean on us to help find you a great partner for whatever project you are looking to tackle.
- Good communication. We try to keep in touch with you often, checking to make sure all is well and see if you have any questions. But as always, check in with us as often as you need.
Amy and Sarah are here to help make the home buying process smooth. Want to meet them? Shoot us an email today!